Information about agencies and associations in Ireland who offer business advice, training and other forms of support.
Goods and Customs
- Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment - Find government supports for your business
Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment provide, principally through our agencies, a range of tailored supports for enterprise of all sizes in Ireland. Supports include access to finance, management development, mentoring supports, business development programmes, market supports and trade promotion.
Enterprise Ireland - Export information, advice and supports
Enterprise Ireland offers a range of support for companies focused on growth through international sales. Enterprise Ireland offers guidance for exporters through the Exporter Development section.
Enterprise Ireland administrate the Business Users Support Scheme for Kerosene (BUSSK) which provides eligible businesses with a payment to compensate them for half of their increased Kerosene costs during the period from 1 March to 31 December 2022, compared to the same period in 2021. Find out more and apply for BUSSK.
Revenue - Customs for businesses from revenue.ie
Information on customs charges, procedures, and rules when importing and exporting goods. This includes the UK.
- Local Enterprise Office - Information and support
The Local Enterprise Office provides advice, information and support to you in starting up or growing your business. With 31 dedicated teams across the Local Authority network in Ireland, Local Enterprise Offices offer you a wide range of experience, skills and services. Here's a PDF list of contact details for all the Local Enterprise Offices.
- The British Irish Chamber of Commerce - Policy, advocacy, news and events
The Chamber plays a vital role in maintaining focus on the value of two-way trade between the United Kingdom and Ireland, for business, for the governments and for communities. The Chamber enables vital access between governments, policymakers, industry and employers for the benefit of all.
- Irish SME Association - Advice, lobbying, learning and development
The Irish SME Association (ISME) support SME owner-managers by lobbying on their behalf, providing advice and information, and providing learning and development programmes and business development and promotional opportunities.
- IDA Ireland - Ireland's inward investment promotion agency
- Chambers Ireland - Irish business network
Working closely with stakeholders to help the local business environment to thrive for everyone doing business in it. There are various chambers across Ireland. Here's a PDF list of contact details for all the Chambers.
- Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland - Loans and financing to fund Irish SMEs
- Science Foundation Ireland - funding, events and research
National Standards Authority of Ireland - Product Certification | NSAI
National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) is Ireland’s official standards body providing further guidance on product and regulatory requirements and implications for supply chains.
- Health and Safety Authority - Employer and employee supports
Health and Safety Authority (HSA) regulates and promotes work-related safety, health and welfare and the safe use of chemicals and products. They provide the national accreditation service.
- Food Safety Authority of Ireland - Business advice
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) provides new food businesses with a comprehensive range of background information. The FSAI’s primary focus is to assist food businesses to achieve good hygiene standards and comply with the law.
- Irish Tax and Customs - revenue.ie
- Cross-Border Partnership Employment Services - cbpes Information, events and news
Cross Border Partnership Employment Services (CBPES) assist in the removal of barriers for job seekers, workers and employers who are seeking employment, working or employing on the island of Ireland.
- Border People - Information, news and events
Border People provides information on your Right to Work across the border, Taxation, Access to Social Welfare & Healthcare, Commuting, etc.
- Skillnet Ireland - Specialised workforce development supports
Digital and Technology Support
Enterprise Ireland - Digital Innovation
Guidance about Digital Innovation and redesigning your business to serve your customers better, starting with a deep understanding of your customer needs and your value stream and then using new technology to improve the customer experience.
Local Enterprise Office - What is Digital For Business?
Local Enterprise Offices - Climate Toolkit4Business
This Toolkit helps your business get started on your zero carbon journey. It recommends the most impactful steps to understand and address your environmental impacts.
- Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland - Grants and supports, news and media
Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) offer a range of grants and funding supports across home, business and community and are helping Irish businesses to reduce their energy costs while improving energy efficiency.
- Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine - Schemes, payments and online services
Leading the sustainable development of the agri-food, forestry and marine sector and optimising its contribution to national economic development and the natural environment.
- Bord Bia, Irish Food Board - Assistance for businesses
Bord Bia aims to drive the commercial success of a world-class Irish food, drink and horticulture industry. They have put together a number of supports for businesses covering businesses of all sizes.
- Teagasc, Agriculture, and Food Development Authority - News and events, publications and podcasts
Teagasc - the Agriculture and Food Development Authority - is the national body providing integrated research, advisory and training services to the agriculture and food industry and rural communities.
- Retail Ireland - Reports, events and working groups
Retail Ireland Is the largest and most influential business organisation representing Ireland’s retail sector for Irish businesses.
- Irish Hospitality Institute - Education and training, news and events
The Irish Hospitality Institute is the professional body for the Hospitality & Tourism Industry in Ireland. Its aim is to support members at every stage of their careers and help them reach their full potential by encouraging their professional development through seminars, conferences, networking opportunities, management development & training initiatives.
- Travel, Leisure & Hospitality Network - Networking and learning forum
The network represents the broad hospitality sector, with members from hospitality, events, entertainment, culture, arts, leisure, tourism and visitor attractions, and the associated supply chains for these sectors. It provides business advice and support to members and is a channel to share best practice and build peer to peer connections.
Arts and Culture
- Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media - Publications and funding announcements