Information about agencies and associations in Northern Ireland who offer business advice, training and other forms of support.
Goods and Customs
- Department for the Economy - NI economic policy, including areas like Energy, Tourism and Telecoms
The Department of the Economy Northern Ireland are responsible for economic policy, employment and skills programmes, consumer affairs, tourism and a suite of other resonsibilities.
- Department for Business and Trade - Services, guidance, research and finance information
The Department for Business and Trade support businesses to invest, grow and export, creating jobs and opportunities across the country. Includes a link to find business finance and grants.
- nidirect - Local councils in Northern Ireland
An A to Z of local councils in Northern Ireland. Choose your local council to see what supports they provide for businesses.
- Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce and Industry- Technical expertise, training and advice
NI Chamber is a designated authority for the issue of certified export documents including UK Certificates of Origin, EUR1 Movement Certificates, and ATA Carnets. NI Chamber’s export documentation team will provide tailored guidance to businesses regarding export documentation.
- The British Irish Chamber of Commerce - Policy, advocacy, news and events
The Chamber plays a vital role in maintaining focus on the value of two-way trade between the United Kingdom and Ireland, for business, for the governments and for communities. The Chamber enables vital access between governments, policymakers, industry and employers for the benefit of all.
- Great.GOV.UK - Support for exporters and inward investors
Get your exporting questions answered and access support for UK businesses.
Guidance on how to prepare if you trade and move goods in and out of Northern Ireland.
- Invest Northern Ireland - The Regional Economic Development Agency for Northern Ireland
Invest Northern Ireland works directly with businesses across Northern Ireland providing information and advice for businesses wanting to grow and move into new markets.
- Northern Ireland Customs & Trade Academy - How to get started with your customs journey
Northern Ireland Customs & Trade Academy (NICTA) is a learning platform preparing traders for the processes involved in moving goods under the Northern Ireland Protocol.
- Manufacturing NI - Latest news and useful information
Manufacturing NI is a campaigning organisation which works with member companies, workforce representatives, policymakers and regulators to challenge and encourage change in areas which impact on the cost of doing business, specifically rates, energy, labour, Brexit and challenges such as Covid-19.
Innovate NI is a Department for the Economy initiative, delivered by Invest Northern Ireland. Find lots of information about the process of creating and implementing ideas for new products, services or processes to create value in your business.
- Local Chambers of Commerce are based in towns across Northern Ireland. Here's a PDF list of contact details for all the Northern Ireland Chambers of Commerce.
- Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland - News, documents, support and guidance
Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI) is the lead body responsible for the promotion and enforcement of health and safety at work standards in Northern Ireland.
- Northern Ireland Trading Standards Service - About the Trading Standards Service
- Cross-Border Partnership Employment Services - CBPES Information, events and news
Cross Border Partnership Employment Services (CBPES) assist in the removal of barriers for job seekers, workers and employers who are seeking employment, working or employing on the island of Ireland.
- Border People - Information, news and events
Border People provides information on your Right to Work across the border, Taxation, Access to Social Welfare & Healthcare, Commuting, etc.
- nidirect - SKILL UP: the flexible skills programme
If you’re aged 18 and over and eligible to work in Northern Ireland, there are a range of free accredited courses are available to help you re-train and re-skill, through SKILL UP – the flexible skills programme.
- Labour Relations Agency - About the Labour Relations Agency
A free, impartial and confidential employment relations service to those engaged in industry, commerce and the public services.
- Equality Commission for Northern Ireland - Equality Commission for Northern Ireland
Digital and Technology Support
- Invest Northern Ireland - Benefit from ICT
Climate and Sustainability
Calling all small businesses to lead the charge to net zero - GOV.UK Press Release
- UK Business Climate Hub - Advice on energy saving and net zero for SMEs
- Agriculture, Environment, and Rural Affairs – Home, news, links and documentation
The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has responsibility for food, farming, environmental, fisheries, forestry and sustainability policy and the development of the rural sector in Northern Ireland.
- Rural Support Northern Ireland - Farm business supports
The Rural Support Farm Hub has been developed to provide a practical, at-your-fingertips resource for the farming community across Northern Ireland.
- Ulster Farmers Union - https://www.ufuni.org/
The Ulster Farmers’ Union (UFU) is the largest democratic voluntary organisation representing farmers and growers in Northern Ireland. Its central objective is to promote their interests both at home and abroad through professional lobbying.
- Retail NI - Publications, resources, news and videos
Retail NI is Northern Ireland’s only locally based retail and wholesale business organisation which provides professional advice and gives a voice to the independent sector at the NI Assembly and Westminster.
- Hospitality Ulster - Forms, tools, guidance and training
In addition to providing a strong voice for the industry, Hospitality Ulster’s mission is to provide practical support, resources and accredited suppliers offering industry specific services.
Arts and Culture
- The Arts Council - Funding help, advice and resources
The Arts Council is the official funding and development organisation for the arts in Northern Ireland.
NI Business Info - Business support finder
Filter results to search for business support by sector, business size, stage or council area.
Updated: October 2023