The Cross-Border Trade Hub is a dedicated service that supports existing and new SMEs by providing up-to-date, relevant, free cross-border trade information and tailored consultancy advice.
Our aim is to support businesses to engage in efficient and effective cross-border trade on the island of Ireland, and help them develop and grow their export potential.
There's lots of information in the Cross-Border Trade Hub, including customs, regulations and legal, finance and VAT, people and employment. We can also provide tailored telephone and voucher support.
We aim to:
- Enhance SME's trade knowledge.
- Promote cross-border supply chains and build opportunities.
- Support the development of first time and existing exporters.
Cross-Border Trade Hub support
Visit the Cross-Border Trade Hub to access the following support:
- Free online Knowledge Hub content
- Free searchable online Chatbot
- Access to telephone support from an expert
- Access to a fully funded £2,000 / €2,326 voucher (inc. VAT) for consultancy services*
- Webinars and events (check here for the latest).
*Subject to criteria (see below for details).
How do I access Cross-border Trade Hub support?
If you can't find an answer to your query using our Chatbot, you will be asked to complete some further information in a short form. This will allow the team to assign you a specialist consultant, who will arrange a telephone call with you. A call back from the consultant will happen within one working day.
During the telephone call the consultant may determine that you would benefit from additional expert support. A recommendation will be forwarded to the Cross-Border Trade Hub Team at InterTradeIreland who will review the recommendation and, subject to criteria, approve the support.
You will be asked to complete a satisfaction survey for support received.
* Eligibility criteria - voucher support
To be eligible for a Cross-Border Trade Hub consultant support voucher your business must be:
- Located on the island of Ireland (North or South)
- Trade across the border (Northern Ireland / Ireland)
- Employ fewer than 250 employees
- Have an annual turnover of less than €50m (or sterling equivalent)
- Have a trading history (minimum 12 months). InterTradeIreland reserve the right to request submission of financial accounts.
Do you want to apply for Cross-Border Trade Hub support?
Simply engage with our chat function by clicking the icon at the bottom right to get started. We'll send you a short form to check that you're eligible for fully funded consultancy advice and, if so, you'll quickly get the help and guidance you need.